- A shopping centre in Britain installs two squat toilets in response to evidence that its customers are using throne toilets as squat toilets.
- Tabloid newspaper Daily Star runs a fair and balanced front page story headlined:
MUSLIM-ONLY PUBLIC LOOS
- Complaints to the Press Complaints Commission are upheld.
- The paper is ordered to run the adjudication and a correction.
- Daily Star executives, fed up with being complained about, consider withdrawing their membership of the Press Complaints Commission.
By the way, how good is this line from the BBC article:
Squat toilets are used in many parts of Asia and parts of Europe.
They are not often seen in the UK – which has a strong heritage of pioneering lavatorial invention.